Your privacy is important
At Glitoris we understand the importance of your privacy and your concerns about the security of your personal information.
We take your privacy seriously by complying with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in Australia and any other applicable privacy laws in Australia. But more than that, we are committed to protecting any personal information about you that we have.
- We collect your personal information to make Glitorises website, services and products useful to you.
- We will never sell your personal information.
- We only keep you up-to-date if you opt in - to our real talk news, glit gang loyalty program ETC. Those who opt out won’t receive this stuff.
- Your information will not be made publicly available, although we may have to pass on your deets where required by law (the big wigs) or if you breach our Content Standards (play nicely).
- To remember you, our system will store cookies. This helps us to improve the website, although you can also opt out of these if you so wish. :)
Introduction + purpose
It informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. It also sets out how you can access or correct your personal information. Finally in the rare instance a breach occurs the process we will take to address and handle the issue.
This website is not intended for children (under 18) and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children.
Who is Glitoris?
What types of personal information do we collect?
In Australia, personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
We may collect, use, store and disclose different kinds of personal information and data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity: First name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, preferred language proof of identity and occupation.
- Contact: Billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Payment: Payment method details, debit/credit card details, bank account and other forms of payment including PayPal ETC.
- Transaction: Details about historical payments and details of products and services you have purchased, ordered or asked about.
- Technical: Information from using our website, other digital platforms or social media. Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access these digital platforms.
- Profile: Your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage: Info about any feedback you provide, complaints you make and details of any products returned, and/or refunds provided, to you. Also the info about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications: Your communication preferences in receiving information and marketing from us and our third parties.
- Content: This may be any content that you provide - such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments.
- Social media: Information provided to us through social media networks via apps, when you visit our social media pages, register for our site or loyalty program using a social media account or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or in application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications).
- Other: Includes any other personal information you may supply to us.
- Aggregated Data: Such as statistical, demographic, preferences or use data for any purpose. This may be derived from your personal information but in accordance with the Privacy Acts is not considered personal information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We do not collect any sensitive information about you. This includes details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions or information about your health.
How do we use the information?
Glitoris collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information to help us carry on with our “business.” In other words, we do this to help us create awesome products and services and deliver these to you and other people.
We may use the information you provide to:
- Performing the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Deliver Glitoris products and services to you.
- Grant you access to the Glitoris website, digital platforms and social media and to provide you with information/content on that site that is relevant to you.
- Communicate with you on orders, appointments, returns, or refunds and to send you other non-marketing communications related to products and services we provide to you.
- Process payments, purchase transactions, orders refunds and/or exchanges.
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history.
- Respond to any queries, questions, feedback or complaints you might have.
- Administer our membership list and loyalty program list.
- Help us work out what products and services you are most interested in and how we can best serve you. Tailor ads and content accordingly.
- Send you communications, information, marketing or promotional materials when you opt-in.
- Assess your application for employment if you apply to work with Glitoris.
- Engage with you under a relevant agreement if you are an employee, contractors or affiliated service provider
- Enforce Gliotorises rights, including undertaking legal proceedings.
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business to make our products, services, the Glitoris website, digital platforms and social media better. (Activities may include analysing/developing new products and services, enhancing and improving our products and services, managing our communications, performing market researches, data analytics and customer relations management programs; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
If you provide us with your personal information, we may use it for direct marketing purposes. However, we will not use your personal information for such purposes unless we have received your consent for this use.
Cookies. Cookies. Cookies.
Yum yum. No not those cookies babe.
A cookie is a piece of code added to a browser that enables organisations to track and target your preferences. Imagine like a cookie in your back pocket travelling with you. They facilitate an enhanced user journey, may provide behavioural information, analytical information, or simply enable functionality of a website. Cookies can exist during a browsing session or stored on your computer for pre-defined periods.
Most browsers are set up to initially accept cookies. You can reset your browser to receive cookie notifications, so you can review and choose which you accept. If you reject our cookies, you may still be able to use our site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Third party services + software
Hosting + storage
Our website and shop is hosted on Shopify Inc. It’s pretty awesome. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
We use payment gateways to securely process your payments. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it’s not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information). We also take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form.
How long will you use my personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This also includes the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention time period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At the end of this time period, your personal information will either be deleted completely or anonymised or de-identified. E.g. Aggregated with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we’ll notify you that it has been updated, so that you’re aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
Requesting your personal information
We are very happy to share with you the personal information Glitoris has on file. If you would like access to this information just reach out to our team on email@example.com. We will aim to reply promptly.
If you think any of the personal information we have about you is incorrect, e.g. if you have changed your phone number or email address, please let us know. You can log into an online account and update your details.
Feedback, questions and complaints.
Please let us know if you have any feedback, questions or complaints about the way Glitoris is handling your personal information - we would love the opportunity to address these. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. But remember we have feelings too. ;)
Glitoris will treat any request, question or complaint received confidentially. We will respond within a reasonable time after receiving your request or complaint. If you have made a complaint, Glitoris will let you know about ways we could resolve that complaint. Overall we aim to resolve all complaints promptly and, in any event, within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
To make a query concerning your privacy rights you can also contact the OAIC’s hotline on 1300 363 992, or visit the OAIC's website at www.oaic.gov.au. The OAIC has the power of authority to investigate.